No Wheat Grinder Food Storage Recipe
For those of you on the “Whole Grain” band wagon, you may be overspending on popular pancake mixes…especially if you have some food storage wheat in your pantry! If you don’t have a wheat grinder and are constantly perplexed looking at those whole kernels of wheat, do I have the recipe for you to try! This is the most simple, easiest to clean up, and DELICIOUS pancake recipe I’ve ever eaten. Give it a try…(If you really want to get handy you can even…dare I say it…substitute powdered milk for the milk)
Blender Whole Wheat Pancakes-Whole Wheat Food Storage Recipes
Recipe type: Breakfast
Want an easy way to use your whole wheat with out a wheat grinder? Then this is the recipe for you! These pancakes are delicious, healthy, and easy and nothing beats the taste of freshly ground whole wheat. This will definitely make you a believer of food storage!
- 1 C. Milk (3 T. dry non-instant powdered milk or ⅓ c. dry instant powdered milk and 1 C. Water)
- 1 C. Wheat Kernels, whole & uncooked
- 2 Eggs (2 T. dry powdered eggs + ¼ C. Water)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ t. Salt
- 2 T. Oil
- 2 T. Honey or Sugar
- Put milk and wheat kernels in blender.
- Blend on highest speed for 4 or 5 minutes or until batter is smooth.
- Add eggs, oil, baking powder, salt and honey or sugar to above batter.
- Blend on low.
- Pour out batter into pancakes from the actual blender jar (only one thing to wash!) onto a hot greased or Pam prepared griddle or large frying pan.
- Cook; flipping pancakes when bubbles pop and create holes.
Variations: This recipe works great with bananas, apples, yogurt, etc. The options are endless! Food Storage Items Used: 5
Food Storage Items Used: 5