Okay, ever since my EZ Wheat bread recipe hit the blog (you know my famous whole wheat bread recipe that TASTES more like store bought bread) I’ve received the question “How do I make my bread look more like store bought bread?” I can see why people may ask this because if your bread looks like mine, it’s not uniform at all. It rises so much over the pan that I get a nice balloon effect on the top, which can make it kind of hard to make sandwiches out of and fit in sandwich baggies. One of the greatest things about store bought bread is it’s nice uniform square shape…and I’m going to show you the secret for getting your bread into those long beautiful uniform shapes!
THE SECRET FOR MAKING YOUR BREAD LOOK LIKE STORE BOUGHT BREAD
It’s actually very simple! I discovered this loaf pan a couple of months ago and it is honestly my new best friend in the kitchen. It’s amazing and one of the coolest things I’ve cooked with in a long time! One of my favorite things about it is that it’s entirely versatile. It has feet on it for making angel food cake in it (just imagine a perfect loaf that you can cut into slices-very gourmet). You can also make regular cakes, pound cakes, AND BREAD! Imagine a nice slice of chocolate cake on a plate with drizzled chocolate sauce, raspberries, and ice cream. Can you see how this just upped the game of all your desserts? Not to mention that it really makes bread look like store bought bread. In fact, I texted my friend (who I gave one to for her birthday) a picture of the bread after I experimented with it and she couldn’t figure out why I would send her a picture of store bought bread!
TIPS FOR USING THE WILTON ANGEL FOOD LOAF PAN
- If you’re making an angel food cake in it-one regular recipe will fit in the pan.
- If you’re making WHEAT bread in it-you will double your recipe (get my favorite HERE)
- If you’re making WHITE bread in it-you will one and a half your recipe
- If you’re making a cake or pound cake in it-one regular recipe will fit in the pan.
- Bake times should be about the same for anything you do-but with anything new, you’ll want to keep your eye on it.
- When rolling out your bread, I do it the same as I would for a regular loaf pan (catch the trick on my bread video) but I just make it longer-the length of the pan.
WHERE CAN I GET THIS PAN?
Unfortunately, this isn’t something you can just pick up at Wal-Mart. It’s a little more gourmet of an item than that. I found mine at a kitchen store in an Outlet Mall, but you can also very easily find it on AMAZON. Oh yeah, and if you decide to make loaves this large…you’re also going to want to invest in larger bread bags-found HERE.
HUGE SUN OVEN SALE!
Don’t forget about the HUGE Global Sun Oven sale going on right now! If you don’t have one-this is the time to get it along with all of the accessories for FREE! Get more information HERE.