Doesn’t this soup look amazing? Special thanks to Staci for sharing the recipe AND a beautiful picture. I guess it’s time to admit that Fall is around the corner…time to break out the soup recipes!
|Saturday Food Storage Show Off: Hamburger Soup||
- 1-2lbs. Hamburger
- 2 TBS. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. ea. Pepper, Italian Seasoning
- 1 pkg. Onion Soup Mix
- 4 – 14oz. cans Chicken Broth or 6 C water
- 2 TBS. Soy Sauce
- 1 TBS. Worstershire
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 C. Dried Onions
- 1/2 C Dried Carrots (1 C Fresh)
- 3 C. Dried Potato Slices (2 C Fresh)
- 1/4 C Green Onions (optional)
- 1/2 C Celery (optional)
- Macaroni, Rice, or other noodle
- Brown hamburger meat in oil. Add all seasonings and onion soup mix.
- Transfer to large pot/saucepan.
- Stir in broth (can use 6 C water instead), tomato sauce, soy sauce and worstershire. Add in veggies and more spices, if needed.
- Allow to simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Boil pan of water. Cook macaroni or rice accordingly. Top with soup in a bowl.
Rehydrate veggies first! To do this: Boil pan of water, add veggies and allow to boil for 15-20 minutes. Strain and add to soup.
SHARE WITH US!
Do you have a great idea, recipe or food storage tip you’d love to share?! Email me at efsshowoffs(at)gmail(dot)com! We’d all love to hear from you!