Practice using cracked wheat as nuts I tried this Strawberry “Nut” Jell-O salad. This is my ULTIMATE FAVORITE Jell-O salad in the WHOLE WORLD. It is one of my most favorite recipes growing up. My mom was known as the “wheat lady” while I was growing up and this was a staple recipe she would make when she taught her wheat classes. I would plead and beg to have some of this and I would pray there would be a lot leftover after her classes. It’s a great example of how to use cracked wheat to help you rotate your food storage in really awesome ways. To view a food storage video of how to crack small amounts of wheat in your blender, click HERE.
- 1 small pkg. strawberry Jello (I cheated and used raspberry and it was still DELICIOUS)
- 1 C boiling water
- 1 C cooked cracked wheat for mock nuts
- 1 C whipped cream or Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- ½ C sugar
- 2 C mashed fresh strawberries
- Combine Jell-O and Water & refrigerate until syrupy, then add remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate until firm or over night.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with a dollop of whipped cream/topping sprinkled with cooked cracked wheat as your mock nuts.