This is my ABSOLUTE favorite recipe and ever since I got it from my sister-in-law we haven’t bought pizza (contrary to what my husband says on the video :). The other great thing about making this as pizza is that you can make the crust in the morning and then top it with your toppings in the evening and have dinner ready in under 10 minutes! I love meals you can make most of earlier in the day when life isn’t so busy. It is so easy, makes NO mess (okay well, just a little mess), and is DELICIOUS. Kids love it (especially when you let them pick the toppings and add them to the pizza)! Everytime I make these breadsticks for company it is a HUGE hit and they always ask for the recipe, so who better to share it with than all of you!!
30 Minute Breadsticks OR No-Fail Deep Dish Pizza Crust
(If it is too thick for your family, you can either half the recipe or put one full recipe onto two cookie sheets)
2 1/2 C. Medium Hot Water
5 tsp. SAF Instant Yeast*
2 Tbsp. Sugar
3 Tbsp. Oil
1 tsp. Salt
6 C. Flour (you can do half all-purpose and half white wheat or 100% whole wheat)
1 to 2 Cubes of Butter
1. Pour medium hot water in mixing bowl. Sprinkle yeast on top and allow to dissolve.
2. Add sugar, salt, and oil. Gradually add approximately 6 cups of flour.
3. Melt 1-2 cubes butter on cookie sheet in oven as it is heating to 400 degrees and melt in oven. 4. Place dough on cookie sheet and press to fill pan, make sure butter gets on top of the dough.
5. Allow to double in size (About 10-15 minutes)
6. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until desired browning is accomplished.
7. Cut into strips or top with favorite pizza toppings.
* When using regular yeast change amount to 2 Tbsp.
For more tips and tricks for using food storage in your everyday recipes, please visit www.everydayfoodstorage.NET