Okay, here is the beautiful thing about this homemade Bisquick Mix vs. other online recipes….there is an entire recipe booklet to go with it! Thanks to the Utah State Extension Service, I’m pretty sure I have dinner for the next couple of weeks! (Maybe I need to add one more reason to My Top 10 Reasons Why I Love the Utah State Extension Service!) I found this recipe in doing all of my research about which of all the recipes online for a homemade “Quick Mix” and I just love that it comes with a load of recipes on how to use it! Recipes like the usual muffins, pancakes, bisquits AND Taco Pizza, Cheese Sticks (those breaded string cheeses), Cinnamon Spins, and even chocolate chip cookies (!)-just to name a few. Plus, the biscuits were good and I, of course, added whole wheat flour to my mix-another great reason to make your own mix! (Note: You may see on the download that it calls for a SOS mix…yeah that will be my next post-it will blow your mind!)
Why Should you Make your own Quick Mix (like Bisquick)?
I like the Utah State Extension answer for that…Using Utah Quick Mix when preparing biscuits, muffins, pancakes, desserts, and main dishes is guaranteed to save you time, money, and give you peace of mind.
• Saves time. The measuring and sifting of standard dry ingredients, the addition of non-fat dry milk, and the blending of fat for dozens of recipes is done ahead of time. Clean-up time is shortened because fewer dishes are used when making recipes.
• Saves money. Mix made at home is less expensive than mixes bought at the store. Utah Quick Mix is made from standard pantry ingredients and someone else isn’t paid to mix them together.
• Peace of mind. The guesswork is taken out of ingredients lists because you know all of the ingredients used in Utah Quick Mix.
• Easy preparation. Children and beginning cooks will find cooking with Utah Quick Mix is fun and easy.
• Utah Quick Mix will keep on the shelf for at least 6 weeks. Store in metal, plastic or glass canisters with a tight fitting lid. To make using Utah Quick Mix even more convenient, pre-measured portions can be stored in self-closing plastic bags to cut out one more measuring step.