Okay, so I realize you’re probably thinking…first it was the muppets with paper towels and no Barney has relation to preparedness?! Well if you’re a mom of young kids you’ll need a Barney bag in your car! What is a Barney bag you are asking? Well on the show, Barney had a magic bag that the kids would pull things out of. What is the need for one in your car?
WHY YOU NEED A BARNEY BAG
- you never know when you may be stranded (flat tire, etc.) and you’ll need to entertain the kids,
- have you ever been in a restaurant, doctors office, etc. and wish you had more to entertain your kids?
- since it should also have water, snacks, and a change of clothes-it pretty much prepares you for anything!
I started carrying one in my car about 6 months ago and I can not tell you how many times it has come in handy-especially since we don’t have a fancy way of having our kids watch tv in the car. I bought everything in the car (minus the outfit-that is from a thrift store) from the $1, even the bag itself!
THE RULES FOR THE BARNEY BAG
- everything has to stay IN THE CAR and
- everything goes back in the bag on your way out of the car.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR BARNEY BAG
Here are some ideas you may want to have in your Barney Bag (This also makes for a great, creative Christmas idea)
- Change of clothes
- Diapers (if you’re in that stage of life)
- Clorox wipes
- Febreeze (if you have a kid who throws up in the car like I do-this is a MUST!)